• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

10" Skyliner Dob

BAZ

This is being sold by Nikki, MrsR. She has now moved to Retford and has asked me to see if anyone is interested.

It comes with stock eyepieces and finder, the smaller finder cap has gone missing in the move. The asking price is £425.

If anyone is interested contact Nikki directly on 07966 503890.

She is spending a lot more time studying (A&E Nurse), and has always been batty about cats. But since the house move she has decided to sell the scope.

I was an A&E nurse and still managed astronomy! Such a shame, it can be hard juggling everything and A&E is tiring in all respects, not just physically. Ooh a 10 inch scope?? I don't think the NEQ 6 could handle it anyway!

Felix, your mount could easily take it, but would just be even bigger to lug around and more susceptible to the effects of wind; always a problem when mike is around.

That old newt i bought is a 10" and my mount loves it; you are welcome to come and see how yours copes with my ota. I'm not sure how the weight of the newer tubes compares to the old blue skywatcher ones?

A&E is fun, but draining and the chance of being on duty at night or very early in the morning is high, so i can see why work alone would render astronomy a poor choice of hobby.

Jd

Felix, your mount could easily take it, but would just be even bigger to lug around and more susceptible to the effects of wind; always a problem when mike is around.

That old newt i bought is a 10" and my mount loves it; you are welcome to come and see how yours copes with my ota. I'm not sure how the weight of the newer tubes compares to the old blue skywatcher ones?

A&E is fun, but draining and the chance of being on duty at night or very early in the morning is high, so i can see why work alone would render astronomy a poor choice of hobby.

Jd

Cheers James :)

Hey Kim yes it's a solid tube.

I've put it on eBay now at £450 but would sell it to someone on here for £425 if they got in before a bid.

I'm selling as I'm am going for another qualification, plus I have 4 year old twins, plus my dad who lives with us has just been diagnosed with dementia and is rapidly getting worse and my mum is suffering from her COPD a lot lately so I'm caring for her too.

Awww - you've got a lot on your plate Nikki - and family life comes first.

Astronomy will be here as long as the stars are - so you can always come back to it when you have the time.

Hope things work out for you, and good luck with the sale. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.