• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bin Laden

Tweedledee

Nice. Out of interest, do you leave you glasses on when looking through bins? My glasses are on and off all night which drives me mad; i'm going to get a thing to out around my neck to hold them.

James

Guest peepshow

I've heard of a' Swarm of bees, a ' 'Bevy of swans' and a 'Pride of lions,' but never heard of a

'Table of bins.'  :)

Where do you eat your dinner, Pete?    In the obsy? :D

Edited by peepshow

Nice. Out of interest, do you leave you glasses on when looking through bins? My glasses are on and off all night which drives me mad; i'm going to get a thing to out around my neck to hold them.

James

No, I never wear the specs for observing.

I have used glasses for about 5 years now and only for reading. Anything past arms length is perfect without them and seems to be fine with scopes. What is a pain for me, is looking at star maps next to the scope as I need the glasses to use the map. Fortunately I have a very good memory for exactly where stuff is up there and have become very good at star hopping over the last 40 years. I have a pretty accurate goto system in my head :)

Thanks for your idea of using the glasses strap around my neck. I'd not thought of that and often lose the glasses temporarily whilst looking through the eyepiece, cheers.

Edited by petersull

I've heard of a' Swarm of bees, a ' 'Bevy of swans' and a 'Pride of lions,' but never heard of a

'Table of bins.'  :)

Where do you eat your dinner, Pete?    In the obsy? :D

My next dinner might be in the dog house.

My wife didn't realise I had so many binoculars and seemed quite disgusted with me when she saw them all laid out on the table. She thought the big ones were from a joke shop and weren't real! :)

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Pete,

a great line up, when Andy commented on the number of scopes I had (when I had em) all I said was how many fingers do you have and counted the trinkets !!!

Guest peepshow

My next dinner might be in the dog house.

My wife didn't realise I had so many binoculars and seemed quite disgusted with me when she saw them all laid out on the table. She thought the big ones were from a joke shop and weren't real! :)

I have things on the table, on the chair and  half way up the stairs at times.   Oh, and in 5 room, a large shed and the garage.  :)

Gee, ain't your wife just lucky. :D

James

I have to leave mine on because I feel very sea sick and fall over if I keep taking them on and off. It's a weird prescription in them, not because I'm strange lol.

Pete, a nice collection there, are the big ones really real? ;-)

Pete, a nice collection there, are the big ones really real? ;-)

Thanks Cazz, there's no fooling you (or Big Al) when it comes to flower vases :)

I have things on the table, on the chair and  half way up the stairs at times.   Oh, and in 5 room, a large shed and the garage.  :)

Gee, ain't your wife just lucky. :D

The only thing out of place in our house is me.

She soon puts me back in my place though :)

Hi Pete,

a great line up, when Andy commented on the number of scopes I had (when I had em) all I said was how many fingers do you have and counted the trinkets !!!

Cheers Damian,

it is about time you started building up your collection again :)