• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Moon 21/09/2013

xanthic

Took this prime focus last night. Was a rush job as the cloud was quickly rolling in and I didn't realise I'd overexposed around Tycho (1/1000 sec exp). Deliberately low-res (4.5 MP) so that Registax would handle it.

lunar21092013.jpg

Oh very nice. Love the craters down the south eastern rim (lower right). I hope you are going to get that printed out and put up on your wall.

How many frames did you take to stack? What other settings apart from 1/1000th second?

How are you planning to do the next one without over exposing Tycho but still getting enough light from elsewhere? Tricky.

Lovely image, well done.

JD

Tycho is really bright, and it shows, but the terminator has loads of good craters,and as mentioned good and sharp.

Nice one Leigh. :)

Thanks chaps :) Will try for 10MP next time and see if Registax 6 will handle it. Might also try video on the dslr too and see how that works out.