• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Motor(s) for an old CG4 mount

Guest Rooster

Sorry I don't have a motor for you Paul, but could I ask a favour please? I need a few dimensions of the counterweight. I'd be very grateful if you could measure the length and diameter of it, also the diameter of the central hole, and if you could weight it for me too please?

:)

Sorry I don't have a motor for you Paul, but could I ask a favour please? I need a few dimensions of the counterweight. I'd be very grateful if you could measure the length and diameter of it, also the diameter of the central hole, and if you could weight it for me too please?

:)

Sure... Mine came with 2 weights, a "single" and a "double"...

The Single weight = Internal hole = 20mm  - this is what mates with the counterbalance arm, also for some reason half is bored out to 24.25mm on the other side !  89mm Diameter, 42mm long.

The double...        = Internal hole = 20mm..... 89mm Diameter and 82mm long.

Brilliant ! Thanks Paul - that's just what I needed to know. Those'll fit my Skytee-2 top saddle counterweight bar - so that's what I'll be looking for on the Kelling trade stands. Much appreciated. :)

No Probs, glad to be of help...   Im sure these are just steel - I bet if you are stuck a local fabricator could knock one up for a couple of quid.

Edited by Rooster