• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Andromeda (elac)

Guest foundaplanet

Guest foundaplanet

This is the remains of my battery form last nights ELAC meet. It is a stack of 7x5 mins this time, again at 200mm with darks and flats, unguided.

I can't quite believe how well this has come out for such a small amount of time, I quite like this simple approach to AP thing but I must get a spare battery..:)

10121728143_e3b382aa64_b.jpgAndromeda-Badger-Farm by foundaplanet, on Flickr

Thank you for looking.

Blimey Col, you was busy last night, another cracking image! :2thumbsup: 

You should have said about the spare battery, I always take a couple of spares with me.

Edited by oldfruit

Stop taking good images, you're making me want an imaging set up more and more :(:D

Another great image, good work!

What mount you using for these??

Edited by Tibbz2

Guest foundaplanet

Thank you..:)

Mark, never crossed my mind... :D

Tibbz, I am using an EQ6... :)

Steve, cheers, I'll have a butchers..:)

TA, yeh, I must have another crack at this..

Dave, the transparency did improve no end into the early hours, we had some stunning views of Jupiter. I guess that is why this seems to have captured so much info for such a small amount of time..:) Though, the skies are pretty darn good there eh...!

Guest foundaplanet

Cor blimey Colin that is a stunner...lots of work in the bat cave for that one I bet! 

Thanks Damian, I do keep trying to hone my photoshop skills. I find that lots of iterations (is that what there called) rather than big ones seem to work well for me. It was just levels curves and saturation, about seven actions in each one with a little bit of contrast boost..:)