• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Selling some items to make space......

Brantuk

AZ4 (inc "L" bracket) - excellent condition barely used: £140

HEQ5 Pro Synscan Goto - great condition - £550

NEQ6 Pro Synscan Goto (inc Lat bolts and ADM saddle upgrade, weight bar extension, Losmandy and Vixen saddles) - excellent condition - £690  - Now Sold (Thanks Rob)

Skywatcher 300P Flextube dob with Synscan Goto (inc AstroZap fitted shroud, Lacerta DS focuser, Bobs knobs, Telrad base, Leveling feet, and fully flocked. Great condition: £850

All above items in great working order (usual cosmetic marks from usage) but no original boxes included so collection is a must.

Happy to take questions via pm or phone. These bits will be advertised on SGL and ABS on Sunday night (13th Oct) but I'm giving first dibs to EMS (on a first come first served basis).

I can accept either cash or bank transfer.

• 2 months later...

Have you got anything else to sell Kim ? My scope (8.75" NR) is fine optically but the mount has some limitations. The biggest is polar alignment adjustments. E/w is probably ok but n/s is by one nut. It's not in an ob but the mount is external covered in countless layers of bin bags. I could do a lot better to make it an easier set up (not used in years). Someone might be able to make a screw type attachment for what would be the occasional polar alignment (with a celestron 8x50 illuminated reticle polar finder ca 1989 - nomogram lines will have pole star well outside by now but could be extrapolated. Yet to be mounted on scope). But even if I did get the mount improved, the 6" setting circles are manual and RA circle is not driven.

I had wondered if I should bite the bullet and buy a new mount or stick with the existing one.

I've not tried webcam photography with it yet (which would be forgiving wrt poor alignment and the greater demands of deep sky imaging) or piggy back photography of a couple of mins or so but multiple shots for stacking etc. The system might be better than I know. But even some additional kit separate from my scope might might increase productivity? But I really don't know what to buy.

I have a Celestron CG5 GT Goto for sale Derek.

It has a polar scope and is in very good working order with only the usual cosmetic marks around the saddle.

Comes with manual, handset, tripod, and weights as usual.

PM me if interested. :)