• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My first (guided) DSO

Allan the Plumber

Thanks for assistance Mick (on uploading photos to site)

Please find 2 images taken at Kelling (my first dark sky happening) 

Still learning the old PS processing so have managed to overblow the stars but the nebula gases look okay

Thanks to all who helped at Kelling looking forward to my next dark sky meet (booked for Kelling 2014) but would like to get to SGL and EMS if possible

10226805353_f0c13a240b_c.jpg

Taken with an Astro modded CanonD1100, SW Explorer 200P, guided ST80 with QHY5L-II
6 subs at OSI 400,
600 seconds   9 darks 10 flats 5 Biases

10226752373_c927aba8dc_c.jpg

Canon D1100, SW Explorer 200P, guided ST80 with QHY5L-II
9 subs at OSI 400,
600 seconds   9 darks 10 flats 5 Biases

Edited by Allan the Plumber

You need to go onto your photo, in the bottom right there is a box with an arrow coming out of it. Click on that, then select the "grab html/bb code" tab, then select BB Code at the bottom, and use that link!

Thanks guys its a start couldn't of done it with help from EMS

Thanks

:wub:

well done Allan,

great couple of shots, i like the heart neb, loads of stars in that one, i tried m45 also but out of the 10 subs 5 were just the stars lighting up the very light cloud we had a times on that night, 5 were good though.

i think we both enjoyed the guiding experiance that night, well i did until me camera smacked into the mount, upset me alittle, but i`ve stopped crying now

Thanks for great feed back as mentioned before couldn't of got this far with out help from EMS and I really mean that :blush:

well done Allan,

great couple of shots, i like the heart neb, loads of stars in that one, i tried m45 also but out of the 10 subs 5 were just the stars lighting up the very light cloud we had a times on that night, 5 were good though.

i think we both enjoyed the guiding experiance that night, well i did until me camera smacked into the mount, upset me alittle, but i`ve stopped crying now

Thanks Rob, yeah our first real night of proper guiding eh

I thought things where up that Sunday when I heard the clank could tell you weren't a happy bunny hope no real damage

Obsey mount looks great, you're soon be set up guiding and imaging all night :D

Allen these are some amazing first images.. My first ever guided images were complete garbage compares to these :-) you must be very proud!

Allen these are some amazing first images.. My first ever guided images were complete garbage compares to these :-) you must be very proud!

Thanks Colin, was thanks in part to your assistance the mounting bar plus bolts you gave me also you helped with the guiding software but yes I'm happy with them

Saying that to give the heart neb the justice your picture did I'd need to do a mosaic image to fit it all in:-)

Thanks again Colin for all your help that weekend

Edited by Allan the Plumber

Great start Allan - keep em coming... :)

Err wow man just looked at your images on your Flickr link I've still got a long way to go some great images on there Francis

Very nice, especially M45, I do like it with spikey stars. :)

Thanks Col I guess the spikey stars are a by product of a Newtonian Reflector but I agree with you Col it does make the image look flash :D

All I need to do some others will be clear skies and luck as I won't of got that far with out the help of EMS at Kelling

at home in the dark I bet I don't get anything like that again :blush:

Thanks Allan

That's my worry as well Alan! Got the QHY5 and finder/guider and AOG but hesitant to use them!!  :)

You have got to be rightly proud of those images. They are really good, and I reckon you are going to have a good winter.

That's my worry as well Alan! Got the QHY5 and finder/guider and AOG but hesitant to use them!!  :)

Yeah know what you mean Ron I had help from Colin, Noel and Rob that Sunday at Kelling I need to do a task several times to get it fixed in the brain and since getting home form Kelling I've not had the scope out once

Will probably spend the first evening out trying to get everything to work,Colin did say "don't forget how it works its down to you next time" or words to that effect :blush:

You have got to be rightly proud of those images. They are really good, and I reckon you are going to have a good winter.

Thanks Martyn that means a lot coming from an old pro like yourself B)

I know you don't dabble in the dark arts but as before thank you for all your help both at Kelling and on the website plus always ready with a cuppa (plus the odd towel)

Any idea when next quarterly meet maybe? also how you getting on with Daz's Zoom Hyperion ? good deal there :lol: