• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My astro shed complete with warm room

Guest paul j

"Well jel!"

That is great. I'm glad to see there are two coffee cups, one for you and one for me :) When is the opening event?

James

Very swish.

My observatory's first roof incarnation was a hinge open, they are compact and easy to use if they are counterweighted well but my main fear was high winds, I didn't use the obs on windy nights so lost out on a few clear nights, I rebuilt with a roll off.

Thanks for all your nice comments. It was hard work but pleased its done. I was determined to build the warm room for this winter. The door into the scope room now has a large window in it. Cladding and insulation only cost £150 to do outside and inside I bought 100m of silver double insulation so I wrapped it all up top to bottom.it does have air vents too. Recieved my heater today so should be cosy. I built it to fairly high spec cos I wanted to do my processing in there with bit help from friends. And its perfect getaway if me and mrs barny.its got Internet in there too so im happy with it.

My shed roof not going anywhere in high winds its well fastened with turn Buckles and also its operated with a winch so that pulls it down tight. On the outside its also got fasteners to hold the roof down. I yet to fit the East side.

Thanks. I just had to fit some guttering I noticed streaks coming on the pvc cladding couldn't be having that so its sorted now. I saving up for a better roof want a black Tile effect roofing sheets.i know its expense I dint need but I'm thinking also of not having to replace the felt every other year so it be worth the £100 investment and it finish it off I think. I add the photos when I replace the felt. Obviously there's always niggling things I wish I built different but it will do for quite few years I hope :-) should be lot warmer this year.