• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Derby

Russell

Hi Folks,

Just joined the group and looking forward to sharing astro imaging pics, hints and tips.

I've been active (on and off) in astronomy for about 10 years. I operate an Orion Europa 250 with a Skywatcher ED 80 refractor both mounted on a Skywatcher EQ6. I image planets, the moon and sun via a web cam and deep sky objects via a modified Canon 400D.

Kind regards,

Russell

Guest devil74

Hi Russell and a warm welcome to EMS.

There are loads of imagers on here so you'll have plenty to share hints/tips with. Looking forward to seeing some of your pics. We have a 'picture of the month' though I cant remember off hand if that's only for dark site members or not..I'm sure one of the mods will pop along and quote me on that anyway.

Would be good to see you at a meet.

Damian

Yes, welcome to the mad house. Lots of mingers, i mean imagers here. It's something i want to experiment with more, just for pictures for my office wall, and personal satisfaction.

Looking forward to seeing you work and meeting up.

James

Hi Russell and a warm welcome to EMS :)

Pic of the month is open to anyone - but the criteria for winning is more down to how impressed the judges are. So it doesn't matter what kit you use or how long you've been imaging - a complete newbie who did well hand holding a mobile phone camera to an eyepiece, is as likely to win as an experienced person with ccd camera on a flash scope and mount.

I'm sure your experience will be appreciated by several members just starting out in the "dark arts" (including me lol) so do feel free to contribute to threads, or ask questions, as you feel appropriate. Most of all I hope you enjoy our forum :)

Welcome to the forum Russell, look forward to seeing some of your images  :)

Cheers

Ron

Hi Russell, a warm welcome to EMS.

Iam just an eyeball monkey as well, but there is a wealth of imaging going off on here. Feel free to ask any questions you might have, there will be some help along shortly.

In the meantime, enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Russell, welcome to EMS.

It's a great place. Very friendly and helpful people. :-)

Hope to see you at a meeting some time :-)

Wayne

Many thanks for the warm welcome. 

I'm going through some of my pics from Kelling Heath and I'll post a few soon.

Cheers,

Russell

Hi Russell, glad you found us ;-)

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Glad to be here.

I'm still finding my way round the site and having trouble posting a pic. 

Ohhh right - were you that lot just by the hedge near the shower block? I was just the other side at top of red field.....

Hi Andy,

Glad to be here.

I'm still finding my way round the site and having trouble posting a pic.

Morning Russell,

You need to link to a flicker/dropbox type file share site to post pictures. Some one who knows more will be along soon.

Also you need to make so many posts before you can access certain options on the site, pms etc, but its not many and shouldn't stop you from posting some of your pics. Have you processed m33 yet? I'd like to see the finished product :-)

Edited by tuckstar

Ohhh right - were you that lot just by the hedge near the shower block? I was just the other side at top of red field.....

Hi Kim, I said to a few people I would of liked to of caught up with you at kelling, just to put a face, or silhouette, to the name, and it turns out you were the otherside of the hedge!! I was with Russell and Idas in the yellow field.

Lol Andy - I must have passed you by so many times to and from the loo block cos I drink tea like a fish. (we all know fish love drinking tea hahaha). :lol: