• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Moon through the achro

Guest foundaplanet

Guest foundaplanet

Tonights plan was to try out the SPC900, it didn't happen... :( For some reason I could not get it to work. I had practiced at home but I guess I forgot what to do with it. So instead I bunged the 1000d on the end of my 4" f11 and ended up with this stack of 84/180 after running them through PIPP. I have no idea what I am meant to be doing with registax but I moved a few sliders and I reckon it has come out nicely. It would have been good to have had a go with the webcam but at least I did something..:)

10448607775_1972dcdaac_b.jpgMoon--20-October-2013 by foundaplanet, on Flickr

Thanks for looking..

Nice contrast :) I've had the SPC900 on Uranus this evening and am currently waiting for Jupiter to clear roof tops so I can have a bash at that.

Very nice :) a touch dark for my taste though. Focus is very good. Well done. I had a quick play if you'd like to see?

That's much more to my taste :) (imaging is very subjective so there is no real right and wrong :) ) I would suggest trying greyscale for this image as the acchro is showing it's flaws a little with the yellow fringing. Please don't take that as a bad thing, I'm no expert myself.

Guest foundaplanet

That's much more to my taste :) (imaging is very subjective so there is no real right and wrong :) ) I would suggest trying greyscale for this image as the acchro is showing it's flaws a little with the yellow fringing. Please don't take that as a bad thing, I'm no expert myself.

You are right about the greyscale Mike an I have a desaturate version but I was having a Bucks Fizz moment.....:D