• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First attempt at Uranus

catman161

Oh it's lovely! I do like uranus :)

That is great felix; nice and sharp, and nice contrast. Clearly a greenish sphere. It probably won't mean much to non astronomy people, but i think it's a cracking image, especially given its distance. Well done.

I want to have another go now its nice and high (well relatively), and sort the focus out this time. Maybe this weekend if weather and back allows.

Good work.

Jd

Thanks James :)

It's the first time I have ever seen it last night. I also took some Avis of the moon and Jupiter (went to bed at 2:30am) but unfortunately the focus was slightly off so I have ditched the footage. It went cloudy at 1:30am so I packed up then. I also had a great visual night with two new messiers and a couple of nebulae that I have not seen before; NGC 6543 the cats eye nebula and NGC 7662 the blue snowball.

Guest foundaplanet

That has come out well, good one. As James has said it may not look like much if you don't know what it is but I reckon taking your own image of Uranus is quite special.

Thanks guys-appreciate the compliments. It has made me think about perhaps looking at an ASI120 though!

Nice one matey - I think you may need a 4 x Power mate for that planet due to it's size but looks great none the less, lovely colour.

:thumbsup: