• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

10 hours and now its Clouded up

Allan the Plumber

Well that was a waste spent about 7 hours trying to get guiding to work thank you everyone that tried to help :)

Think they maybe an issue with drivers as using new camera on Sharpcap it kept freezing too :blink:

Thought id have a go with SPC900 and new Powermate on Jupiter  and couldn't find it  because I guess  the magnification and chip size, okay lets go for the moon instead then clouds over :screwloose:

Hummm not happy bunny :angry:  :angry: :angry:  :angry:  

Allan,

That is life [astronomy] :(

You spent some quality time getting your head around the equipment and set up, and even if it might not have felt very productive, the familiarity you will be gaining with it all will be useful.

There will be plenty of clear nights to come.

I look forward to seeing more of your images.

James

At least you tried Allan, my QHY5 stayed in it's box last night while I did unguided (again!)   ;)

Not to worry Allan.

You can rest assured there will be plenty of night like this to come in the future.

It just makes you appreciate the good nights even more.

Like James said it's all practice which will help in the future :)

I stayed up and got the SPC900 onto Jupiter but had trouble with focus and high thin haze and the resultant footage was very poor and yielded terrible images so I have ditched them. I did get an ok image of Uranus which I was please with. Other than that I had a great night of visual too in between using the webcam.

I have found sharpcap freezes often on my laptop too; it's running windows 7. While the laptop is only just over a year old and has good specs, i do generally find the laptop quite slow and unreliable. I suspect there is some conflict between my laptop and sharpcap. I've used firecapture which seems to be more stable on my laptop and which does a similar (some may say better) job than sharpcap. But again it will require some time to learn how to use new software, but if it is more stable for you too, it could be worth the time and effort.

James

Thanks guy really gutted last night started setting up at 330pm yesterday afternoon had a little break to watch Poitrot and wrapped up fed up and went to bed at 330am thanks for advise well another day should get another clear night in about weeks time

Saw your Uranus image Felix looked good at least you managed something

It's as you say at James at least it time spent getting to know software etc I am using a Beta version of Sharpcap and everything worked fine at Kelling better get everything put away now at least Dew bands Dslr and stellariumscope all worked fine

Roll on next clear site

Allan

:)

My conservatory looks like an astro junk yard! I leave it like a tip for two weeks, then get fed up and tidy it all away, and then that night usually turns out clear so i unpack it all again and it's back to a junk yard!

James

:)

My conservatory looks like an astro junk yard! I leave it like a tip for two weeks, then get fed up and tidy it all away, and then that night usually turns out clear so i unpack it all again and it's back to a junk yard!

James

Summerhouse like that now :lol:  have to sort as we entertain in it usually and we have next door coming over Saturday for Paella and vino :blink: