• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

£3.97 as good as Photoshop !

Guest peepshow

Guest peepshow

It claims layers, channels, masks, filters, levels, advanced pattern matching. As good as PS. !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190940047805?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

It is said that if some thing looks too good to be true it is.  :)

Certainly a comprehensive description and photos shown on the listing,  but anyone tried it?

Worth a punt for £3.97 ?    Free postage toooooo. :o

That looks like GIMP which is free to download and use anyway. They are actually breaking the license agreement by selling it.

Guest Kheldar

That looks like GIMP which is free to download and use anyway. They are actually breaking the license agreement by selling it.

What he said - though similar tricks exist for things like Stellarium - they claim to be selling you the physical disk, the content is just extra :rolleyes:

How can they even get away with selling that, as Leigh says, it IS gimp, no doubt about it, essentially you are paying £3.97 for a CD with a sticker that has stuff on it thats free to download anyway.

Someone with very slow download speeds might prefer to buy a CD instead.

That is true, however GIMP is presently only an 86 MB download, so would only take approx 20 mins on a 100 kbs connection. GIMP is released under the GNU General Public license, a not for profit license model. A CD costs pence these days, postage and a jiffy bag a pound(?), so I do not see how they can justify just shy of £4 for a copy. I would not be happy if someone was making money from something I had gifted freely.

Guest peepshow

That is true, however GIMP is presently only an 86 MB download, so would only take approx 20 mins on a 100 kbs connection.

100kbs ? I should be so lucky. 

Downloads here are about 30 odd so would take nearly an hour.   :angry: ( 2 miles plus from exchange)

A broadband tests show 500 but it's never near that on downloading software.

I can watch Utube videos in stops and starts,,,,,,,,, mostly stops. :)

Edited by peepshow