• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Weather looking clear for tonight

catman161

At present met office says clear for the whole night. I'll be setting up in the garden :)

What's everyone else doing?

I'm lying on the sofa having a coffee

In readiness to stay up to do some astro-good man. Note to self: get more coffee ;)

Yeah I only looked at east mids (Leicester/Loughborough/notts) and of course Leamington :)

Everything I`m looking at says cloud for me until 1:00am, might have to be a MK I eye ball forecast me thinks and see what the weather is actually like.

Let me know how the guiding at f/15 goes; i'd love to give it a go

Ive done it before many times when I first started guiding using a mintron and my towa as guide gear, worked fine with guidemaster but never tried it with phd and my qhy5 cam

Have had scope setup since six and tracking Caph whilst I finish stripping the wallpaper from box room ready for plaster tomorrow and just went outside to check on things and patchy cloud rolling in! #annoyed! Am leaving it out just in case it's crystal clear when I finish the annoying DIY cruddy jobs!! It will be worth it when it's finished and there will be more clear nights I guess :(

Guest CodnorPaul

If the software is the same as the NEQ6 (assume it is) then the stars to align on come up in order of suitability after you have entered your co-ordinates - then it depends on your horizon.  I am no expert but am only down the road if you ever wanted any help with it, otherwise Dawson (James) used to use that mount so has been through the set up - he would be more than happy to help if you send him a message.

As you imply though the best bet is getting to a darksite for a meeting - it is amazing the difference it makes to the performance of your scope, and the knowledge you can gleen from the people on here is astounding too.

On that scope/mount combo it has the option for bright star align so you don't need to know what to look for name wise. If you level the mount/tripod properly and enter correct lat/long details and date on handset and remember clocks have gone back so say no to daylight saving time and also ensure you align the finder scope with the main scope itself you should have no probably getting it aligned by following the instructions. My dad has this same setup. It's a good little scope/mount-great on the moon and planets :)

Incidentally it has fully clouded over here but not raining so am not bringing scope in yet as I know it will clear as soon as I do!

i have a skywatcher 127 mak on a goto but i cannot star align as i do not know what to look for

Hi,

You are only 15 odd minutes from me (Hucknall) you can pop round at some point if you want and I can give you a demo?

Guest betteridge7684

Hi,

You are only 15 odd minutes from me (Hucknall) you can pop round at some point if you want and I can give you a demo?

thanks will have to sort a time out when weather usable