• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A quick M1 29th October

philjay

M1 through the Meade 127 EDT at F7.5.

This was just a check of gear for imaging at F7.5 through the Meade, as I have a few winter projects which I am going to image at F7.5.

I was going to guide at F15 with my 80mm F15 Towa but decided to use the ST80 at F5 instead, I shall try the f15 another night.

This is about an hours worth through the Atik 3145L+ OSC. It was quite low so I have had to get rid of tons of LP at the cost of some of the image I reckon but for a test of the gear Im quite pleased and theres some decent subs in there somewhere that will lend themselves to use later on as M1 gets higher.

Twas nice to get out under a clear sky again

m1oct13.jpg

Cracker that one Phil :) lovely detail and colour and as you said all good data to add together at some point.

Not as much as i was hoping for Tobias :-)

When imaging at higher f ratios it is better to guide at a higher f ratio as well to keep the guiding accuracy. Therefore I wouldnt guide with a finder guider if imaging at f7.5 but the finder guider is fine for imaging at f5 with my flt98.