• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Christmas is early :)

Sheila

Empty boxes? Luxury!!! All I get is the rotting label off the outside of the empty box :ladyshock::lol:

Your lucky all I get is to look at those labels, no touching mind just a look. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yes.

Nice bit of kit that Sheila better get off my backside and get this extension finished so you can use it. :facepalm::)

Edited by Graham

Stunning bit of kit Sheila  :)

As good an optic as its probably possible to get.

They are big heavy scopes though aren't they, these 5" class apo's ? 

Do you have mounting rings or is it a clamshell design ?  I can recommend the carrying handles they sell at Altair, if your Tak doesn't come with one.

Very useful, and very nicely machined. A must for safely lugging nearly 10kgs  of scope about.

i dont use the clamshell, i have ordered a set of parallax rings for the scope and am just waiting for them to arrive.

I tend to cadle the taks in my arms like a baby :lol:  but you are right this one is a bit of a monster and quite

heavy.  First time out I think i will ask for a hand with it.  Do you have a link for those handles

Sheila

hmmm will have to see distance on parallax rings when they arrive and i put them on scope.

graham may well be needed :lol:

Sheila : I brought the 250mm version handle from Altair, the 180's a bit small.

Trouble was after I fitted the handle to the top of my WO rings I couldn't then fit the

Losmandy base plate back on under them

Fortunately Altair sell compatible (Losmandy) type base plates with the holes in the correct place. More expense.....!!

Everything's fine now......

Sheila : I brought the 250mm version handle from Altair, the 180's a bit small.

Trouble was after I fitted the handle to the top of my WO rings I couldn't then fit the

Losmandy base plate back on under them

Fortunately Altair sell compatible (Losmandy) type base plates with the holes in the correct place. More expense.....!!

Everything's fine now......

I would have a problem there i think, I have to use farpoint plates as they fit the parallax rings, the others have to be drilled regardless.

My plate i think will put the fixings bout 320mm apart if i am lucky.  Will see when they arrive and i can get it set up :)