• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter and shadow transit 04-11-13

tbird

Jupiter from the morning of 04-11-2013.

Skywatcher 200pds on Neq6, QHY IMG0H and televue x2 barlow

Captured in firecature and processed in registax 6

conv_Jup_IR_04_11_2013_061755_g3_b3_ap22

That is great. I don't have the stamina to image Jupiter yet, it's either far too late, or far too early for me :)

James

That is great. I don't have the stamina to image Jupiter yet, it's either far too late, or far too early for me :)

James

It was up by 22:00 hrs - that's still the middle of the evening!!!!

I think your in the wrong hobby James if 22:00 hrs is late - :lol:

Cracking good shot - I was watching Jupiter for ages last night!

Haha, i am an astro light-weight i admit :) but in my defence i can't see Jupiter until after midnight yet from my chosen spot; but i'm planning on calling a bloke to come and trim my tree, so that may open that part of the sky more.

Jd

Daz, you've prompted me to call the tree surgeon; he's coming two weeks today, and i just need to decide if the crab apple is having a massive trim like the rowan, or just going altogether.

Jd

Daz, you've prompted me to call the tree surgeon; he's coming two weeks today, and i just need to decide if the crab apple is having a massive trim like the rowan, or just going altogether.

Jd

Loose the lot, otherwise it will only grow back and you will have to trim it again.

I took 2 3rd's off one of our trees that was blocking the south view, SWMBO said I could take a bit off, so I did, I just took a very big bit off, she wasn't impressed.

:lol: