• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M33 Triangulum galaxy

Guest ben72

finally got to get out last night and blow the dust off the gear. was still a little windy, and looks like i still haven't got to the bottom of my collimation issues(it's the focuser or secondary thats out) hence the poor focus and eggy stars. anyway, itching to get out so here we are....

M33 Triangulum galaxy

22x300s iso800

10 darks and flats

if theres anyone out there thats a dab hand at collimating, i'd love to maybe meet up to check over my scope......theres a drink in it for ya.. ;)

get.jpg

Edited by ben72

Very nice.

:thumbsup:

With regards to your collimation - just checked where Morton is, your a bit out in the sticks (bet it's dark out your way?)

I think you may need to get your self over to Wymeswold when there is a meet on or head over to the ELAC lot, you look about halfway between the 2 sites.

hi Darren,

yes it is dark, can see a faint whisp of the wilky way with the naked eye (that is when the peeps over the back of me turn there spot lights off)

watched a couple of u tube turorials and had a go at re collimating the focuser today, looks promising but only time and weather will tell.

Hi Ben, I'm in Cranwell just off the A15 North of Sleaford, you are welcome to bring your gear here to check ( and maybe stargaze !)

PM me if you want to?

Cheers

Ron