• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

1st Lunar image with Skymax 180 Pro 12/11/13

philjay

First chance tonight to have a play with the Mak and lunar. Conditions not great, theres a lot of atmospherics up there tonight creating swirling. Still I had to have a play and get used to how the scope and the IMGOH camera worked together.

After awhile getting used to the focusing of the scope/cam combi this was about the best I could do with wobbly atmosphere

Full frame at 640 x 480 on the IMGOH mono planetary camera 

1900 frames from 3000 stacked in Registax

Theres a few artefacts in there created by over sharpening in wavelets because I was trying to sharpen relatively poor raw image to get as sharp as possible. But it gives me an idea of the scope/camera capabilities.

Im well chuffed with this scope. Visual was stunning especially with my binoviewers

5.jpg

Thanks folks. Yeah Paul but the mak is closer to a refractor than the 8" newt it replaced. Also the eyepiece is in the place where eyepieces should be, not on the side of the tube so I am willing to forgive it for having a nasty mirror :-)