• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

clone William Optics red dot finder

red dwalf

i have for sale a clone William Optics red dot finder, it has 7 brightness levels and 3 different finder patterns, it is of metal construction although the base connector is plastic, all is in excellent working order and is much better than any standard cheap red dot finders although rubber lens cover is tawn alittle but makes no differance to the finder itself.

looking for £27 to guys and gals on this forum, either collected from Sandiacre or i can bring it with me to the quarterly Belper meet on the 7th of December.

qqg0.jpg

Edited by red dwalf

Hi Rob would this give me a better point when lining up scope or would a finder scope be better if so may be interested

hi Allan,

i find it better than the cheap red dot finder it replaced, easy to adjust the brightness and there are 3 different red illuminated crosshairs instead of one single red dot.

i`m selling it as i`ve now got the altair astro finder scope, which even second hand costs me over 5x the price of the one i`m selling.

I have a Telrad which works on much the same principle as this. I find it much easier to use than a finder for getting to the correct part of the sky, once in the right area I tend to use the finder to centre the scope further still if that makes sense. Something like this can make things a lot easier IMO.

Guest CodnorPaul

Allan - if your not in for it I will be as my Celestron RDF is awaful - had enough of it not turning on!

Rob - if Allan is a no please put me down for it.  Will collect (mainly so I can have a nose at the obsy ;))

will do Paul,

Allan`s poping round sometime after 2pm so if you fancy coming over you can check out the finder if Allan doesn`t want it and check out the obsy while your here, been putting most of the cables back today so will be firing up the computer to give the new mount a work out tommorrow.

let me know and i`ll pm you the address

This is a great RDF if anyone wants to know - I have the WO one and the clones don't seem to be much different. A very flexible bit of kit being multi functional  and a joy to use - especially if you are replacing the supplied "supplied" rdf's with it.