• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Elac and stargazing live 2014

cosmic dave

We will be co hosting stargazing live event with the RSPB at Frampton marsh RSPB reserve nr Boston on the 8th of January 2014 the event will run from 4.30 til midnight (if clear)

This night will be well advertised on the local radio and press and should be busy, we also have full use of the visitor centre and the Rspb are providing refreshments all evening. I would appreciate as much support as possible for this please its a great opportunity to let the local public know about elac and of course astronomy.

4.30 on a Wednesday, sorry Dave, I will be at work.. 

But if it's clear I could be there later?

Cheers

Ron

Edited by Ron Clarke

4.30 on a Wednesday, sorry Dave, I will be at work..

But if it's clear I could be there later?

Cheers

Ron

I said 4.30 so that those that want can set up ron it won't start at that time

Looks like we will have a good selection of scopes there. :2thumbsup:

Hopefully Mark, oh and I have registered this evening as an official bbc stargazing live event so we should get support from the BBC.

Sounds great Dave. Will you be taking your Dob? I only ask as if you and Tobias take your dobs they are a little lower to the ground so would be better for any younger people attending to have a look through.

Yes I will be mark, really looking forward to it but we do all need a chat about it at December's meeting.