• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Disaster !

Guest Tweedledum

Guest Tweedledum

He He, you gotta laff :---

Spent most of day trying to contain 1.5 tonnes of water trying to escape from waterbed - now drained both !!

Guest Tweedledum

@Kim, fortunately no -  few others to choose - but its going to be an interesting insurance job. My office below which focussed the mind as I imagined the water hitting my nice NAS unit!!!

@Martyn, floor renforced!, imagine a large envelope 6' * 6' * 1.5' full of water - it was like trying to hold a bag of eels...

I hope there's not too much damage, it sounds a bit of a nightmare. That's a lot of water to let go all in one go, you could surf down the stairs and maybe make it to the end of the road.

He He, you gotta laff :---

Spent most of day trying to contain 1.5 tonnes of water trying to escape from waterbed - now drained both !!

Last time i saw that much water was when my freshwater 8 ft fish tank exploded :o  not nice, plus the fish were non to pleased either

Hope you sort it OK

Guest Tweedledum

Thanks for the wishes folks,

Was in panic going to use hot tub pump, but had unit that fits on end of drill, the outer casing acted as a bund and retained the majority of the water, slight leakage no damage....

When called the ins co, was soaking wet and had a laugh with their emergency team... Called back today as no accident damage to the bed its an act of god - no cover, however if we had let the water out and bed came through ceiling would be a different matter..

@Al, you must have seen the Mythbusters duct tape special!!

@Sheila, if I had a fish tank that big I would be farming salmon :)