• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

THANKS........

Guest pvcprinting

Guest pvcprinting

Folks,

Not certain where this post should be, so put it in here.

firstly, I would like to express my thanks and gratitude to all the members on here who have been so kind, understanding and informative to me since joining

A MASSIVE thanks to Kim, who today tool time out of his Sunday to come and give the scope i was considering buying the once over. Thanks to him, Chloe is now (or Christmas Day) the owner of a lovely Skywatcher Skyliner 200p

I am most humbled by all of your collective efforts

Pete that is great. It's a good forum. You have to pay back the kindness in time to others.

She is a lucky girl. I hope you both get countless hours of fun with it.

James

Pete, you are more than welcome. I am shocked though, you managed to get Kim to look at a scope that was being sold without him actually buying it! :o That sir is no mean feat!

Guest devil74

That is a really cool gift to buy Pete..I wish i would have had a scope when i was younger, i always wanted one.

Kim is a super duper chap isn't he, as all on here are..so helpful. I hope you enjoy the hobby as much as the rest of us.

Damian

Its a great place full of good people, glad you got a scope, got a feeling you'll be using it more than your daughter!!! ;-)

Thats a lovely post, the peeps here are indeed very very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't have my knowledge or inspiration if it wasn't for EMS. :-)

Good on ya Kim.

Iam sure Chloe will be amazed at the scope, assuming she hasn't already clocked it. It will give you/her years of enjoyment and good views.

Of course now you are hooked there will always be that something to improve the scope or the view, and by the way it's shaping up, I reckon you will be a multi-scope household sometime soon.

Don't forget binoculars, these are very useful in their own right, a bog standard pair of Bino's is very handy when looking for things like the recent crop of comets.

See if you can get to one of the meets, there is always something to learn there, and it's always easier hands on rather than via the forum.

Keep your eye's peeled for EMS 3, our own star party, held at a campsite over on the East Coast. Last year was superb and a great time was had, especially as we got lot's of clear skies.

Enjoy the scope and the forum.  :thumbsup:

Guest pvcprinting

Scope is tucked away in the Garage...under wraps....she isnt allowed in there - thats MY place!

Weather p[ermitting we are hoping to get to Badgers Farm on 7th December (Don't go letting it slip she has a scope)........

Great xmas present, I'm afraid a similar thing happened to me, my youngest daughter, pictured in my aviator, asked for a scope from xmas when she was 8 and I got her a skywatcher 130p then I'm afraid I got hooked and interests in imaging began to take over, if you go down the imaging route be prepared for deep pockets. L.O.L.

have fun and I hope you get lots of clear skies over Xmas.