• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter GRS Transit 25.11.2013

catman161

ASI120MC, 200P, NEQ6 Pro, Televue 2x Powermate. Best 1300 frames of 1500 captured in sharpcap at max resolution and frame rate and stacked/tweaked in Registax 5.1.

I have a few more avis to process but am too tired. I will add the remaining images (if they are ok!) tomorrow :)

11058908384_c8faa117fb.jpg
Capture 25_11_2013 22_37_01 by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

That is amazing. I think your best yet. And the great red spot tops it off :) I'd be over the moon with that.

i set my alarm for 3am to see if the cloud had cleared but it's still there, so will try again at 5am!

Jd

you need to crop and resize that picture Felix, looks like some great detail captured, highly impressed with the camera

Nice work Felix, maybe you should try pushing the focal length by using an extension with your barlow, this will give you a larger image.

Thanks for the comments guys :) I didn't crop it rob as I likes the two moons. Mark I have just been hating with James re:using a 4x powermate and seeing what I can get. All adds to the cost (again!) I should get my moonlite soon and then I will hopefully be able to get slightly better results with a more solid focuser. I still need to get a losmandy dovetail as the vixen one does not offer as much stability as I'd like. I hope to improve upon this but in time as I cannot go spending anymore on astro for a whole or swmbo will probably lose her patience ;)

For dso imaging the added stability required would be undersandable but what you are currently using is more than sufficient for planetary imaging and you would gain little or nothing by replacing your dovetail.. By using an extension in your current barlow you will be able to increase the focal length and aquire an image scale that will be similar to a 4x powermate but without the additional cost.

Just my opinion as i would hate to see you waste money trying to acheive what you shoul be able to with your current setup. :)

That's a cracker Felix, nice and sharp, good colour.

I will swap you my Sky watcher electric focuser for your TV power mate.

:D;)

Edited by Daz Type-R

Very nice Felix :) I reckon you could do wonders with a big mak with these images you are producing.

I'll have to try this myself with my 200p, basically same setup other than mines a barlow, not a fancy powermate :P

That's a cracker Felix, nice and sharp, good colour.

I will swap you my Sky watcher electric focuser for your TV power mate.

:D;)

Ha ha! Nice try Daz!

Very nice Felix :) I reckon you could do wonders with a big mak with these images you are producing.

I'll have to try this myself with my 200p, basically same setup other than mines a barlow, not a fancy powermate :P

Thanks Eddy :) you'll probably get similar results I think, the camera is fantastic. I was talking to James today about his Mak 180 and how he could get some awesome results with his setup as he has the same camera and the Mak 180 and an AZEQ6.

Ha ha! Nice try Daz!

Thanks Eddy :) you'll probably get similar results I think, the camera is fantastic. I was talking to James today about his Mak 180 and how he could get some awesome results with his setup as he has the same camera and the Mak 180 and an AZEQ6.

Yeah i'm still waiting for him to post an awesome picture, too busy with dance class I guess :lol::D :D

I noticed something fancy in your hands then scope on your flickr earlier ;) Very nice