• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Testing the waters thinking of selling my beloved GT 81.

Graham

I have finally come to the sad decision to put the GT 81 up for sale. :(

I purchased this scope from Stephen a little while ago now and it is a brilliant scope.

It is what I have been using for all my Neb photos.

But  (and there is always a but)

I have modified and modified my EQ5 to its very limit and it is now no longer 'good' enough for what I want to achieve in the astro photography field.

My only choice is to sell the GT81 and buy an NEQ6.

The GT comes complete with the hard carry case / back pack.

CNC scope rings

Looking for £550.00 from EMS members.

Hi Graham, where you been all week? Cannot buy your GT81 as I've got a Meg 72 already but what are you planning to mount on the NEQ6??

Ron

Hi Ron

Been a busy bee this week :wacko:

Still have my other 3 scopes here :)

If I get the EQ6 I will be looking at getting another newt only much bigger :lol:

Edited by Graham

graham

i have to be honest i think you have lost it somewhere mate :lol:  unless you are gonna buy a baby tak DO NOT LET THAT SCOPE GO.  you have managed

with the 5, please manage a little longer.  As things are better now it wont take long before you can get a 6 and the prices are not going up.

dont let the scope go :girlycry:

sell the other scopes

Sheila

Edited by Sheila

I'm with Ron - flog the other scopes to finance the NEQ6 and hang on to the 81 :)

glad you agree, it will never be replaced by anything better, apart from the baby tak of course :)

just add my opinion

keep it and wait till you can get the 6 later

I know I say that the mount is the most important bit (it is) but you have done some cracking images with the kit you have and all those winter targets are upon us.

Wait for a bargain after SGL the 6's are still creeping down and a few more 8's are due after SGL

Well the consensus of opinion is I am mad.  :screwloose: 

I could have told you that a long time ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are all of course absolutely correct the GT is a brilliant scope.

It has taken me a while to even think about selling the GT so maybe I will sleep on it some more. :facepalm:

You don't need a big newt, Graham. Unless you are giving up on the dark side and going visual :)

You are doing some great imaging now :)

glad you agree, it will never be replaced by anything better, apart from the baby tak of course :)

If you are getting a baby Tak - sell the 81, and the other scopes, and the house, and the wife and kids to finance it  :lol:

Guest Kheldar

If you are getting a baby Tak - sell the 81, and the other scopes, and the house, and the wife and kids to finance it  :lol:

Seconded, thirded and fourth'ed :D

Do NOT sell the 81 :)

• 3 weeks later...