• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter 05-12-13

tbird

Jupiter from last night.

Celestron c9.25 / Neq6, Televue x2 barlow and QHY IMG0H colour camera

1200 frames captured using Firecapture, reduced to best 950 in Pipp then best 75% stacked and processed in Registax 6.

I'm struggling with frame rates dropping down to 10fps when recording which I suspect is a problem with the laptop.

Jup_IR_05_12_2013_234111_pipp_web_zps240

That's a good level of detail paul. I was out on the 4th and the seeing was absolutely terrible! I struggled to get any kind of detail, so well done on this effort :)

Nice.

I suspect the low frame rate is multi-factorial. To get the fast frame rates possible:

- shortest possible exposures

- small area of the sensor used

James

Nice.

I suspect the low frame rate is multi-factorial. To get the fast frame rates possible:

- shortest possible exposures

- small area of the sensor used

James

That's correct, I'm getting 35-40fps but the problem is when I start the capture and it's saving the video, totally killing the frame rate.

Used to be OK,  been through all the buffer settings and it's still poor

and a fast disc drive or solid state

my Sony will throttle my DMK31 back to 10 fps but when its saved to the SSD on usb its up to its max of 30fps

Ah i see. Yes, if in preview mode it's operating at 40 fps then if cannot be something simple as a "slow usb" lead it must be something like the drive as ibbo says. Do you have an external drive you could plug into it via another usb, might that be quicker?

Hope you get it sorted as i'd love to see this with a load more data.

James