• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Guest ivan

Hi my name is Ivan, I live in north Norfolk & have been interested in astronomy for many years now ,but  have only in the last couple really got into  it as  main hobby,  I have recently upgraded to an Altair 130edt on an eq45 mount ,wonderful  bit of kit  way ahead of my capabilities, but   I am with lots of help from the guys at Altair getting into some astro imaging,  Wavelets on Registax6 a bit puzzling, any one out there with any help (mainly planets) ? would be much appreciated.

Welcome to EMS Ivan.

I hope the storm last week didn't cause you any harm.

It might be best to start asking any imaging questions in the image section, you will get a lot more answers there.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Hi Ivan and a warm welcome to EMS :)

I just started imaging with my 115EDT at Kelling this autumn - i'm quite impressed - but then I'm easily impressed lol. Francis (in Devon) has one as well and is a lot more experienced than me for imaging - so he should be able to help us both.

Hope you enjoy our forum and maybe get to meet you up at Kelling in the Spring. :)

Welcome Ivan. You live in a lovely part of the country.

If you post your question(s) in the imaging section of the website you may get more specific answers, and probably get asked a lot more questions :)

Have fun and clear skies.

James

Hi ivan welcome to ems, I can see north Norfolk from the beach here in sutton on sea on a clear day.

Hi Ivan, welcome to the forum! Will give you a wave next time I'm in your neck of the woods birdwatching!! :)

Hi Ivan, welcome to forum. As mentioned any imaging queries are best places in imaging discussion. There's some brilliant and very experienced imagers on this forum and have a wealth of experience to pass on.