• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My Skywatcher power station taking ages to charge....

Guest Mark Payton

Guest Mark Payton

Hi All,

I put it on charge after my last session on Saturday morning and the red light is still flashing now (Sunday afternoon).

This doesn't look right, can anyone advise, many thanks.

Mark

Has the battery got really cold?

This causes problems, if you can, put it somewhere warm that might help.

Check your charger hasn't packed up as well, it may not be giving you any output.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mark Payton

Thought I would give you an update.

After a week or two sat in the house I thought I would have another crack at it, still flashing red.

Decided to check the charger and it is lobbing out 15 volts.

Is the battery stuffed?

Mark

If you remind me next time we have a get together, I'll bring along a resistive battery tester, this puts a load across the battery and see's how it does.

Most Chinese batteries are poor performers.

If anyone else needs their battery testing let me know.

I was worried my new one was taking forever to charge until I realised the green 'fully charged' indicator light was lit but a little dull to see in daylight.

That's the one I use Mark - the Maplins 5 in 1. Never had a problem with it and even the car starter came in handy once when I had a flat battery at Kelling - started the car first time after a 4hr astro session the night before. And it only cost me £35 when they were on offer. :)

Guest Mark Payton

That's the one I use Mark - the Maplins 5 in 1. Never had a problem with it and even the car starter came in handy once when I had a flat battery at Kelling - started the car first time after a 4hr astro session the night before. And it only cost me £35 when they were on offer. :)

Purchased and sat charging as I type, looks the biz.