• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Testing the water

cosmic dave

Im thinking of organising an end of starparty meal for the Sunday afternoon, Is this something anyone would be interested in? I have a venue in mind that does lovely food its about 4 miles from manor farm.

I'm a no for 2 reasons (although I think it's a great idea)...

1. I've been away all weekend and SWMBO will kill me.

2. All my astro gear will be in a pub car park in a unlock able trailer.

I'm really thinking the same as Daz, I would want to get home and see the missus and get some rest so I'm ready for work.

We're usually a spot busy packing and preparing for the trip home on the last day - a big job for me.

Maybe a BBQ during the day on Sat would be more do'able?

I can see your points, it was just a thought. Im not going to argue, one less job to organise is ok by me :lol:

Guest Kheldar

We're usually a spot busy packing and preparing for the trip home on the last day - a big job for me.

Maybe a BBQ during the day on Sat would be more do'able?

Yeah it's been a while since we've seen Mick set fire to anything :evil::lol:

I like the idea but the practicalities of it are not ideal for me. I don't have the security issues that some have, but I will be tired, and most likely feeling/looking like I've been dragged through a bush backwards, I wouldn't feel comfortable going for a meal in that state.

Some sort of BBQ would be great though, maybe for Sat lunch time? Gives us all something to get up for and starts the afternoon off nicely.

If I am going then a meal would be out for all the reasons above as well as the fact that I no doubt wouldn't be able to eat owt due to my limited diet. Whereas a BBQ or similar during the event would work for me as it has in the past with me cooking my own stuff

I'm going gluten free as well for my new years resolution, but how long I'll last for is another question, October is a long time.

Will power Mick, thats all you need. :-)

Plus if it is wheat/gluten thats making you ill then that is an incentive, take it from one who knows Ive had5 years of it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.