• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

4x 2inch Powermate

catman161

Have one but still trying to perfect using it as can never seem to find object even when centred with the camera not sure if I have to increase the distance the camera sits in the powermate

If you're certain that the object you're targeting is in the FOV of the chip of the camera it is most likely just miles out of focus and you need to extend outward focus travel to focus out far enough to actually see the object.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Paul. He already contacted me via my abs wanted advert for a 4xpowermate. However I wasn't really happy with it as it is over 6 years old. He originally wanted £200 for it and initially described it as unmarked in his emails but then went on to say it had a few marks and was 6 years old so I decided against it. I figured widescreen centre are doing them brand new for £250 delivered I may just end up getting one new.

I'm thinking of buying one at Astrofest, assuming they are discounted.

I purchased my 2 inch 2x there 2 or 3 (maybe 4) years ago......got it for £195.

By the way, the build quality of these things are simply exquisite.

I'm thinking of buying one at Astrofest, assuming they are discounted.

I purchased my 2 inch 2x there 2 or 3 (maybe 4) years ago......got it for £195.

By the way, the build quality of these things are simply exquisite.

That's not a bad idea actually. Thanks for that. I know the build quality well I have had the the 2inch 2x powermate for some time now I am looking at the 4x to get that little bit more detail when doing planetary imaging.