• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

'Wish me luck

Ibbo

I'm just about to clean the annoying extra spots off my DMK

It normally takes at least 3 attempts before I get them or move them to the side enough

Cotton buds Wonder fluid and blower in hand

I could be some time

if I'm not back by morning send out the dogs to find me

I allways seem to leave at least one spot or a small bit off fluff on the chip, so good look steve

I can't rember which one it was, but one of December's astro mags had an article on how to clean the chip. This used Frog tape! I have no idea what frog tape is but it appears to work very well. 

Guest Kheldar

I can't rember which one it was, but one of December's astro mags had an article on how to clean the chip. This used Frog tape! I have no idea what frog tape is but it appears to work very well. 

It's thicker masking tape :ladyshock:

got the really annoying ones in the middle and chase the others to the edge

now firecapture is running along at the fantastic rate of 3 fps

3 pin reset applied

and its a a bit chillier than of late

not heard of frog tape

I would have thought the adhesive might be a problem but its worth a go if I or anybdy can find some

not heard of frog tape

I would have thought the adhesive might be a problem but its worth a go if I or anybdy can find some

B & Q alongside the masking tape :o :o  the adhesive is just not as sticky but i think it is still there :o

Edited by Sheila

Guest Kheldar

not heard of frog tape

B&Q stock it, it's painters tape (I saw it on the weekend when I was getting some Gaffer tape ..... NOT for CCD cleaning I hasten to add :lol: )

it must be a bit like that low tact stuff,that does not stick to what you want it to

but sticks like the proverbial to a blanket

it must be a bit like that low tact stuff,that does not stick to what you want it to

but sticks like the proverbial to a blanket

:thumbsup:  thats the one :lol:

Looks like my camera has picked something up somehow, going to have to do the same to mine, although luckily for me I've got special cleaning pads I can 'borrow'(steal) from my dad :D