• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hope all the East Lincs Astro club members like Rod Stewart

stash

Singing RS song "Sailing" ,because with a predicted wind gusts , at Louth, being 50+ mph thats what I will be singing while using my Dob - and thats assuming the cloud clears. Still might be able to rig up a sail for my truck and save on fuel.

Lets hope that the weather men are wrong.

"The microclimate is a local atmospheric zone where the climate differs from the surrounding area. The term may refer to areas as small as a few square feet (for example a garden bed) or as large as many square miles." Guess ours will be the former the and the newbies are outside the bed  :D

One can hope.

If you have a free wheeling Dob, watch it. I turned round to talk to Ibbo up at Belper, and a gust of wind whacked the eyepiece right into my eye. They will get you when you are distracted, they get jealous you know! :D

Mines already called "sheila" as my wife says its the "other" woman but I will keep in mind your advice - may use Sheila  to generate 12v

The way it has been blowing today, I could just imagine a flextube or truss dob doubling up as a box kite :D

Edited by petersull

It was certainly gusting on the top of that hill at Badger Farm tonight!! So much so that the only kit that was out wqas a 150p on an AZ4 to check Jupiter and my birding 65mm scope to check the Moon and Mercury!! After that it all got put away because of 100% cloud then rain!!!!

:brr:  :brr:  :brr:  :brr:  :brr:  :brr:  :brr:  After Ron went it got clear (70% clear) - for a while but the wind got stronger so much so the building sides were moving so we all called it a day. They as I went back to Cranwell it was clearer but still windy. My Wife then said "its been clear here all the time I could see a bright star there (Jupiter) and a little star below the Moons (mercury). And it was like that in Cranwell since 6.00pm.

Still thanks for the "WARM" welcome and it looks like a great site - if the Rain/Clouds Gods would just be nice and go away.