• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hitech Astro Mount Hub Pro Ultimate

Guest Kheldar

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kheldar

More shiny stuff today :D

First up the second upgrade as mentioned above - a Paramount stylee top plate. No clamps here, on the end of the bolts (you will note there are four holes so I can add extra bolts or move the existing ones) are brass losmandy style ends that spin freely of the knob (I'm sure it makes sense to someone ...) so when you tighten the bolt it just pushes the brass end up to the plate and holds it tight :)

13229499323_f30fea19f4.jpg

and not directly related to the hub Dave also let me steal his counterweight mechanism. Only serious niggle with the EQ8 is that without the polar scope it doesn't balance properly as both the big motors are on one side of the RA :( This however resolves that little problem!

13229503313_73b815475c.jpg

Still tidying up the last of the cables but I'm sure my OCD (and Doc) will be VERY pleased with the results :)

OCD is not a strong enough word for it :facepalm:  the cables are nice, tidy and pretty, leave them be and dont upset them anymore :)

Looks nice though :D

That's awesome Stephen. I'm the same with cables too. Mine are all Velcro together to keep things nice and neat and trip free.

Using Velcro on cables just means more brake at the same time  :D

Edited by stash