• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

GRS 27/2/14

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

I got myself a couple of EP's  managed to give them a blast tonight 9.5mm and 18mm ED's. With this new super six inch I've had best views of the great red spot I've seen.......

cheers

Peter

Greta stuff peter. Will you be bringing the super six inch to IAS? Would love to see that in the flesh :)

I had my first proper visual views of the GRS last night. Need to get some colour filters to bring out more detail though I think.

Proper Happy to have been able to see it clearly though. Even got a sneaky shadow transit too :D

Edited by T A WOW

Guest peter shah

It was very prominent as was the shadow from the transit

Greta stuff peter. Will you be bringing the super six inch to IAS? Would love to see that in the flesh :)

Im not sure if they have enough room on the stand.... :( if they do then I will

Nice one Peter. My favourite scope for Jupiter is my 4" f15 achromat, I have a 5" triplet apo which gives superb views but is only f7.5. The f15 means I can use lower fl eps to het the mag. Ive spent many an hour with this scope watching transits and detail on Jupiter