• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ancient life on Mars?

Craig

http://m.space.com/24834-strange-mars-meteorite-life-evidence-debate.html

The meteorite, which fell to Earth during the Stone Age, contains microscopic burrows and spheres that resemble the marks microorganisms leave when they eat through rocks on Earth, scientists report in the journal Astrobiology this month. What's more, these features seem to have been pressed into the Mars rock before it was hurled off the Red Planet by an impact event, the researchers add.

Ha!  Always thought we were Martians  :ill:  :ill:  :ill:  :ill:  

Ade

Just Chemicals that get mixed - just like cocktails so given the right conditions life was created (Sorry any Religious folks - no 7 days). To prove it was part of Mars that gave life on earth I would not thought that possible - at the moment. IMHO it was a combination of things (an accident of Life) which most likely was anything to do with Mars - but I keep an pen mind and you younger guys may see the info when/if we have a full blown Mars Exp.

Edited by stash

Guest peepshow

Just Chemicals that get mixed - just like cocktails so given the right conditions live was created

Yes agreed,  it's the Goldilocks porridge mix that's just right.  .Not too hot and not too cold, not too this and not too that etc etc.

Maybe with  some electrical discharge too somewhere to kick it all off.

How rare that might all  be is the intruging unknown..

Edited by peepshow

Just Chemicals that get mixed - just like cocktails so given the right conditions live was created

Yes agreed,  it's the Goldilocks porridge mix that's just right.  .Not too hot and not too cold, not too this and not too that etc etc.

Maybe with  some electrical discharge too somewhere to kick it all off.

How rare that might all  be is the intruging unknown..

Seem to remember something from some time ago that theorised that lightning had a part to play.

Some experiment to make a primeval stew in a glass retort?

Ade 

I doubt we will ever know beyond all reasonable doubt what actually started the cycle of life on our planet. All I am confident of is that it took longer than 6 days, and Dinosaurs did exist.

I doubt we will ever know beyond all reasonable doubt what actually started the cycle of life on our planet. All I am confident of is that it took longer than 6 days, and Dinosaurs did exist.

:lol: Not going to church tomorrow then Mike?

Ha! Good find Richard. I wasn't having a senior moment then  :)

Ade