• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Mars 1-3-2014

Ibbo

Despite the volume of data not a great deal to show for it

mars 4-30am ish best 1000 of 3000 frames with C11 and ZWO 120mm firecapture, pipp, as!,Astral image &  PS00744206bc06ac0ebb2be6f09f6a3136.1824x0_

looks like you have some onion rings around the image Steve but apart from that it`s not too bad at all

Blimey, that is amazing! Well done. Can't see onion rings on my iphone.

I'm looking forward to April/may when it's higher earlier in the evening and having a go at Mars myself.

Jd

I like that. I've still not seen Mars so I'm looking forward to seeing it soon hopefully.

Ah! Thanks for posting that Steve. Don't see many of those here!

Looks good to me...

Never seen any detail myself, just an unstable slightly orange globe.

Ade

That's a good image Steve considering how small Mars is! I like that  !  :)

Edited by Ron Clarke

You're being too hard in yourself Steve, you've grabbed loads of detail there. I'm sure you could later mask that tiny but of ringing out anyway. That's a great Mars in my opinion.

That's a cracker Steve :) You should be dead happy with that, I can't see any onioning either but maybe that's just my work monitor.

Hey thats pretty good Steve, the orographic clouds over Tharsis volcanoes show nicely. Great image for saying its so small still. Those c11s really deliver

I don't think anyone has been too kind, this is an absolutely cracking image, and the dedication to stay up all night to capture it has paid off.

Not that i'm "well jel" or anything....

Jd

Very nice capture, Mars can be a bit tricky but you have captured it really well with a lot of detail.