• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC 2244 Rosette Neb

Allan the Plumber

My first attempt with the ED80 on the 4th March still having issues with processing but watching all the tutorials I can find B)  B)

yes sorry Noel said I'd be in contact about coming over this weekend for a PS tutorial but health issues with my mother in law find me yet again in Southend but I've  have had a go anyway :unsure:

12980171024_9294c8ca19_c.jpg

http://flic.kr/p/kM1LC9

10 subs 500seconds at 400 osi

10 Darks 20 flats 20 Bias

ED80 with reducer

Canon 1100D astro modded

Looking good Allen, the red looks a little 'thin' if you know what I mean for a modded Canon? (Could be my laptop though!) Good tight stars, impressed!!

Ron

excellent Allan, that filter has made a differance, nice background

Thanks guys not happy with processing its either washed out or lacking in colour not getting the processing right

Yeah Rob that filter has made a difference less light pollution (orange) I should be home Saturday Rob and i'll drop those dew bands back

Nice one Allan. I do think you can push the curves a bit more and get the pic a bit richer. What's the reason for using bias frames? I thought DSLRs did that automatically?

no rush for the bands Allan,

another thing to try in dss is when the finished pic comes up go to the sliders and up the saturation 10 or 15% should help with colour

Nice picture cant comment on the wash out as I no nowt but still looks pretty to me and I would be happy - As someone always says it can only get better.

Nice one Allan. I do think you can push the curves a bit more and get the pic a bit richer. What's the reason for using bias frames? I thought DSLRs did that automatically?

Hi Leigh I thought all DSLR images you had to do Lights Darks Flats and Bias in all shots?

Have tried pushing up curve but get too much noise in the image not 100% sure with PS processing image have been over Doug Germans tutorials have tried Anna's but it keeps freezing only managed to get her tutorials to play on Ipad

Have you made the curve S-shaped? I add in a subtract/multiply layer to knock the noise down.

Have you made the curve S-shaped? I add in a subtract/multiply layer to knock the noise down.

Next lunchtime cycle out Leigh you'll have to pop in and show me how to do that

I've not come across that option yet

Nice one Allan...

Also like the Loco photos on your Flicker page - Always been a nosey B  ;)  ;)

Ade

Nice one Allan...

Also like the Loco photos on your Flicker page - Always been a nosey B  ;)  ;)

Ade

Be my guest Ade what do you think of the panoramic bend on the Duchess?