• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

astrofest yesterday

red dwalf

Nick and myself went to the lodon astrofest show yesterday, had a great day, set of early with plumiting temperatures and fog on route, went down to minus 12 at one stage, got to Stanford tube to find it closed so caught bus to edgware tube, got to the show and busy as normal, lots of lovely toys to fondle, Nick bought some nice bits, I had a good look at a couple of ed 80 telescopes but haven't made mind up fully, got patrick moores and Brian mays autograph, which was great to meet them and had a little chat, not too many bargains but as I've just about got all my gear now there wasn't a lot for me, but it was good to look at some imaging scopes and get a feel for ideas, all in all a great day.

Nick was talking to Patrick about a little astronomy book Patrick had written years ago, went down well as they hadnt seen this book for along time, I had a very little chat to Brian about the show and shook hard with them both, then had a little chat with the promoter.

I think this is the only show of It's kind in the uk, as I know of anyway.

A good day out there Rob.

SPM is a really nice bloke, I have met him once, and he kindly signed on of his books for Krys, making sure he had spelled her name correctly.

Nice to see our integrated public transport system is living up to everyone's expectations.

Got a few nice refractor scope pictures for you to look at Phil, when I have chance I'll post them on here