• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My First DSO's

Guest Yosser70

Guest Yosser70

I did these about a week ago on the first night I got my scope properly aligned and got accurate GOTO's! I have to say I'm over the moon with these as my first images, seeing M42 come to life on the screen was amazing. Taken with 25 lights and 10 darks for both. The M42 image was improved no end by Brian over on the Shed, the processing side of things is something I need to learn a lot more about! Hope you like them :-)

M31

M31.jpg

M42

yossers-M42.jpg

Hey they are great 1st images far better than my 1st attempts, youve got lots of detail in the centre of M42 there. What scope and camera were you using?

Phil

Guest Yosser70

I was using a ST102 on a EQ5 pro and a Astronomy Shed LX spc900. It's a great camera, LX, amp off, rehoused and a cooling fan. I'm waiting on a focal reducer and a LP filter that I think will improve things a little but must say I'm really pleased with what I've got so far.