• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

RDF recommendations?

RonC

I have a Baader Sky Surfer 3, good RDF BUT the battery connection and switch are pretty naff!

Could you recommend a good alternative? (Not Telrad type) Thanks

Cheers

Ron

Just checking that on FLO and ended up looking at Baader Steeltrack focusers!!

Emailed them to see if they have any Steeltracks in stock!! Slipping down the slope!!!

That RDf 4 is bl..dy expensive! But I saw Sheila's RDF at WW last meeting so I know they are good!!

Ron

Edited by Ron Clarke

Emailed them to see if they have any Steeltracks in stock!! Slipping down the slope!!!

Ron

Noooo! Join "Team Moonlite" :)

That RDf 4 is bl..dy expensive! But I saw Sheila's RDF at WW last meeting so I know they are good!!

Ron

might have one of those for sale ;)

I think i've got a Sky Surfer V somewhere.......

Feel free to PM me if all else fails. 

(Didn't realise they were £86 !  Crikey, that is a lot. Mind you it is Baader)

i use a couple of these Ron,

http://www.365astronomy.com/365astronomy-multi-reticle-red-dot-finderscope-with-metal-body-for-various-skywatcher-telescopes-p-3513.html

work well and have seven brightness levels although i only need and use the lowest level which is still sometimes a little bit too much, but easy to use and have`nt failed me yet.

i like them Ron, metal so don`t wobble around and reasonable price, fitted on to both of my scopes, i use it once to align on a star near to the imaging target, then once aligned slew to the target and centre it then i use phd to guide, simple and i works for me.

Bought a Baader Sky Surfer V from Sheila so topic finished??

Thanks for the imput all  :)