• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Meade 10" SCT

Guest twintin

Guest twintin

I managed to pick up a 10" LX5 yesterday for a really good price as it has damaged coatings on the corrector. Over zealous cleaning by all accounts. Well my lovely wife picked it up for me yesterday and it's in really good condition. I had a quick look through in the daylight and the coatings don't appear to make a difference to the view. Just need to defork and put in the obs now. Roll on dark nights

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Mark,

Saw the ad on ASB&S. Had a 10"LX200 and it was the best piece of kit I had. If the coatings are damaged it may not make that much difference, depends on how overzealous the cleaning has been. So until you point it at the heavens, fingers crossed.

The corrector is mated to the optics, if you decide to remove the plate, make at least three marks that you can mate up with so that it goes back EXACTLY where it came from. Look out for any pieces of packing under the corrector (paper, card or cork etc) as these will need to be put back in the same place!.

Hope it is a peach not lemon. :)