• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

BBC's "How do I take a beautiful photo of space?"

Craig

Had a look with interest - thanks for the heads up.

Feel a Dark Side moment coming on in the near future.......

Adrian

Had a look with interest - thanks for the heads up.

Feel a Dark Side moment coming on in the near future.......

Adrian

Ade,

Trouble is I feel the itchy fishing season too (no longer cold weather fisherman for my shame!) 

Well you have been in close contact with the "Dark Lord".

L.O.L. i do that as well Clive, lots of pictures for me

Always been the same - read a book nothing much goes into my grey matter - do it / see it 100% remembered

Ade,

Trouble is I feel the itchy fishing season too (no longer cold weather fisherman for my shame!) 

I haven't been fishing yet this year - unusual for me as last year it was when the ice disappeared at the fishery.

Must be something else taking my interest  :)  :)  :)

Ade

Ade,

I often found if I fished stillwaters in winter I caught many less fish but the average size went up. One of my biggest thrills was a tench just over 5lbs on Nov 26th.

Looks like funds will be too limited to go this year and I've got a lot of astro targets to snap, including the Sun.

I often found if I fished stillwaters in winter I caught many less fish but the average size went up. One of my biggest thrills was a tench just over 5lbs on Nov 26th.

Looks like funds will be too limited to go this year and I've got a lot of astro targets to snap, including the Sun.

Tench of over 5lbs in Nov pretty good going normally tench are very sluggish feeders after Oct - depends on weather as always

Tench of over 5lbs in Nov pretty good going normally tench are very sluggish feeders after Oct - depends on weather as always

I was quite heavily into fishing at one time but it's on the back burner for now. I often fished at lunchtime before we moved offices, as our office was on the upper Bristol Avon in Malmesbury. I gave up when we moved offices and I had back trouble.

If I return, it will probably be stalking chub and/or fly fishing.

Probably avoid the fly fishing if your back is bad Phil. On that not stalking on the bank for easily spooked fish such as chub will require you to remain in a "stooped" position whilst maintaining other "watercraft" techniques to avoid visual detection. So if your back is really bad perhaps a nice relaxing day ticket lake fishery session might be better suited.