• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Top shouter...but is it true?

Guest Eddy

From my first week I knew something was wrong with my shout count, I knew I hadnt shouted as much as it said and in the past few days ive been watching the number, so apparently yesterday I was the top shouter with 520 yet today im somehow the top shouter with 419.

Craig care to elaborate? :P

It clears them down after a certain amount of time, so you are continually the top shouter even though it's deleting all of your old ones.

In my gaming days, I would have said PWNED. :P

A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned."

Guest Kheldar

Eddy : pwned :D

However pwning n00bs was around a good decade or so before Warcraft even sprung forth from it's foul stinking birthplace .....

gnarr!

Edited by Kheldar

Guest Kheldar
Not a fan of Warcraft then?

I can take it or leave it :)

What bothers me us there doesn't seem to be room for another fully fledged MMORPG in the microcosm alongside it. (Bar EVE which is a freak unto itself.)

Every other MMORPG of any depth is judged by the profit margins of WoW which is unviable.

As such we've seen numerous good MMORPGs come and go, or worse go open source free to play!

Completely unrelated to Eddy being pwned, but there you go :)

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.913021,-1.403739

Hmm I see craig... But dropping 100 overnight, surely I didnt post 100 in a single day? :wacko:

Yes, you did. ;)

What bothers me us there doesn't seem to be room for another fully fledged MMORPG in the microcosm alongside it. (Bar EVE which is a freak unto itself.)

Every other MMORPG of any depth is judged by the profit margins of WoW which is unviable.

As such we've seen numerous good MMORPGs come and go, or worse go open source free to play!

Agree 100% (and EVE is awesome).

Guest Kheldar

Agree 100% (and EVE is awesome).

Oh I wasn't suggesting it isn't, it's just "too" immersive for my little brain :)

Maybe if I had got into it back in the day when I was recommended it ....

Oh I wasn't suggesting it isn't, it's just "too" immersive for my little brain :)

Ditto, it's why I stopped playing.

If you click on "Prefs" at the bottom of the shoutbox to get the large format shoutbox, then look at the bottom of that one - you see the statistics for Top Shouter. Congrats Eddy :)