• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Moon 8/4/14

Johnnyaardvark

A few trial runs with an ED80 and Nikon D5000. No stacking just a few edits in View NX. Didn't many subs as the clouds started to roll in.

13705896773_4a15b03aaa_o.jpg

Will these links work :)

13706211754_2e04f602a8.jpg

13705901535_bd9749419a.jpg

Thanks Ron. Just a few shots between the clouds as I'd done a bit of visual first.

Focusing on something bright in live view seems to work quite well. Not too sure how I'll manage with something fainter.

I was quite pleased how they came out though especially with no stacking.

Had to sharpen them up and adjust levels a bit as I was short of time for experimenting. The clouds feature a little on the images. Was good to get out and have a go.

Good start :)

I personally haven't had any problems focussing with live view on bright stars. Get yourself a bahtnitov mask if you haven't already and it's a doddle.

Stacking moon pics does lower the noise and you'll find the results of sharpening are better.