• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sun in white light - false colour 15/04/2014

Johnnyaardvark

Revised image and colour - this time actually stacked?! One below may have been just a reference frame!

Now about 122 images stacked. Similar processing as before:

S

13911387435_d7fe631e14_o.jpgSun White light false colour 15/3/2014  - 200 ISO by sja88, on Flickr

Best 50 of about 200 frames process and stacked in PIPP and Registax

13883792974_c2e2068cf8_o.jpgSun in white light - false colour 15/04/2014 by sja88, on Flickr

Steve

Edited by Johnnyaardvark

Thanks Steve... with the awesome shots you're producing that means a lot :)

Thanks Felix. The sun was an awesome site yesterday. More sunspot activity than I have seen before[?] I think. Thank you to Sunnyphil for his heads up in the morning. Inspired me to dig out my baader solar film and make a filter for Ibbo's ED80.

There are some interesting features around the limb Leigh. Are they filaments? I wonder about darkening the image esp towards the centre or trying to remove some of the gradient to see if anything else is visible there.

Anyway, very happy with it for my 1st efforts with a bigger lens than I have tried solar before. Nice in white light but wouldn't it be wonderful to have a proper solar scope :)

S

Thanks Gaham.

Have now uploaded an updated version. Not sure the first one was actually stacked - was just a reference frame. :facepalm: Is this one any better in terms of detail? Think I prefer the new colour.

Thanks

Steve