• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Best Mars Yet! 15.04.2014

catman161

Totes amaze Felix. I got my first ever view of mars last night. I was pretty sure I could see two white areas on it, and your amaze balls pics confirmed it.

Totes

Cheers Tobias :) yep too one is polar cap and bottom left is the Hellas plane

Super work that Felix. Really very nice and loads of detail. Have you've watched/read the sky at night this month? All the features you've captured get a mention.

Steve

I haven't watched on catch up yet Steve will have a look-thanks :)

Actually your image has confirmed something I was not too sure of so didnt allude to it in my sketch, there was thin cloud around the tip of Syrtis Major. The blue filter hinted at it occassionally but it was not pronounced like that on the eastern limb

Glad it has helped confirm Phil. I must admit I did a bit of visual on mars last night after I packed up the camera and having been watching it on the laptop screen all night I did find it easier to zone in o the surface detail when actually observing it through the EP

Thanks Eddy :) not sure about the workshop idea as often I get terrible results which never see the light of day! Also my method never really stays the same apart from when I am trying to focus which just consists of me adjusting then staring, adjusting then staring, adjusting then staring-you get the idea :) the real Key is the seeing conditions and of course the elevation of the target, light pollution etc.

Must be your cloning has helped   :D - Great pics   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: 

Tues was good conditions wise (about 2.00am for me) 

That is a corker felix!!!!!

Well done. Lovely crisp detail, and lovely contrast and brightness. Well worth the hassle.

I'm very pleased for you; and only slightly jealous :)

Jd