• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Flocked my 200P

Guest Eddy

So I spent this afternoon flocking my 200p, not done the focuser or secondary yet but still have plenty left to do them.

I have a spare role of Flocking material from FLO, free to a good owner as long as you pay postage. (First to PM me gets it)

Edited by Eddy

Good work eddy :). I need to grow a pair and do mine! Got the flocking material jst gotta get it done!

Eddy did you do it in two sections? As in, did you remove the spider and do that end and then remove the primary and do that end?

Felix

Hi Felix, first off I removed the primary, then the spider, focuser and finderscope and then begun flocking from the bottom, in total there are about 4 pieces, 2 large and 2 small, I put in a large at the bottom and then another large and then from the cutoffs I then cut them again to fit around the top that was left and then cut out the holes and put it back together and collimated(for my first time :))

Hi Felix, first off I removed the primary, then the spider, focuser and finderscope and then begun flocking from the bottom, in total there are about 4 pieces, 2 large and 2 small, I put in a large at the bottom and then another large and then from the cutoffs I then cut them again to fit around the top that was left and then cut out the holes and put it back together and collimated(for my first time )

Great job Eddy thanks for the breakdown :) Have gotta get mine sorted soon

Does the whole primary assy come out by removing the screws around the ring near the end, the ones on the outside dia of the tube I mean? Would you reccomend standing it upright and removing the screws then sliding the tube off? That's the part I am most scared of lol.

Yep the whole thing just slides off, I had mine with the primary on the floor, under the screw and simply slide the tube off it and then put the primary somewhere safe, I was the same, but Its actually not dangerous at all really, the primary is nice and sturdy too, just don't touch it or scratch it :D

Thanks for that, if it's cloudy tonight I think I'll give it a shot.

My primary has a few dusty bits, would it be worth cleaning while it's out, if so how?

I'll flock the focuser tube whilst I'm about it, but the secondary will have to wait untill I get chance to pop out and get some paint or a permanent marker that works, all mine are dry lol.