• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My first Mars since 2003

philjay

The last time I imaged Mars was with a Toucam and a Startravel 120 so I am somewhat rusty, (also I cant get my head round planetary imaging, too hard for my remaining brain cell :wacko: , give me lunar, DSO imaging or sketching any day :D  ).

So it was with great trepidation I chucked the IMGOH on the Mak last night and had a brief play.

This is with the 180 Mak with a Vixen 2x Barlow plus an extension tube giving about F40, I did try a 5x TS barlow but that was just silly for the conditions and the image was everywhere.

The best of 6000 from 10,000 frames, Pipp and AS2 then Registax and a teeny bit of PS to smooth some rough edges

6000frames2.jpg Not the best by any standard but its my 1st for ages and Im just chuffed to get anything.

Edited by philjay

It may have been a while but you seem to still have the touch. You have captured some good detail.

Yeah, nice work. My Mars attempt was much worse and I was still chuffed. It's a hard planet.

jD

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...