• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My 1st RGB

Guest nickarp2000

Guest nickarp2000

Hi All,

My 1st post for you.

Well here we go, it's Jupiter (not again I here you all say)

Well this is my very first partial RGB success after graham masterfully re-engineered my mount and applied a Belt Mod at the same time (he's a genius)

ZW0120MM through Meade CCD filters, coupled to a C9.25 on a NEQ6 Pro

This is the link to the Astrobin as I don't have a FLIKR account, hope you don't mind.

All the capture details are there.

It could be better I know, but it's a start and a hell of a leap in the right direction for me, thanks to lots of self taught (mainly copied info from forums like this one) and patience and encouragement from my wife :)

Thanks for looking and commenting if you feel the need of course

Clear skies

Nick :D

http://www.astrobin.com/full/92362/0/

Welcome to the EMS.

Good effort Nick.

I didn't get on with RGB imaging so bought a colour cam.

welcome to the forum Nick, nice first effort with the asi 120mm, better than my first effort with this camera, did you try the wavelets in registax ? just might sharpen it up alittle, but great first effort

Guest nickarp2000

Thank you.

I did a minimal amount in reg.6 on the individual channels using really only slider 2. Didnt want to over do it as I dont like images appearing harsh. However I didnt revisit reg.6 and use the wavelets on the rgb flattened image. It vould be worth a try and looking at the weather this weekend I will have plenty of time to play with it

thanks

nick

Guest nickarp2000

Well I know it was a business transaction Graham, but in all honesty you saved me a lot of heartache and money and I am extremely grateful. As you can see the mount is performing beautifully. Im not sure whether the belt mod has improved my skill factor but its certainlymade a difference to my mount. Its like having a new bit of kit. Hence the weather.

Thanks again

Nick

You are more than welcome Nick.

Simple equation really

good mount = good pictures :party:

Great first pic Nick. I do love planetary imaging :)

Looking at your pic it looks as though there may be some rotational blur going on-have you tried de-rotating the avi in winjupos and then re-processing? Also taking your pic into something like Photoshop or gimp is the last part of processing I do where I adjust levels, curves, sometimes hue and then finish with a but of sharpening and de-noising.

Great first effort and the GRS too-smashing stuff :)