• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

HEQ5 via bluetooth

rainbow demon

Hi all

Just picked up a neat piece of kit from Fleabay, it replaces the EQDIR adapter, consists of a neat little box with a cable that connects to the mount and a Bluetooth dongle, with coverage up to 30ft. comes with a sheet of instructions for installation, which seemed quite straightforward, so had a go at the installation yesterday,  followed the instructions, that went ok, fired up stelleriumscope  hit connect and,    nothing    after a lot of head scratching and some swearing found the problem, anyone who uses EQMOD will know that it only works with com ports up to no 16, and this was showing com 25, did some searching on the EMS forums and eureka found a post from Spikey from 2011 on cleaning up com ports, so followed his instructions re-installed  the adapter,  hit connect held my breath and       it worked, great piece of kit and one less cable to trip over not bad for £55. 

Clear skies all. :)

I had one of these a few years back I think it was called EqTooth.

Worked really well but did occasionally lose it's connection.

tep it`s eqtooth, i have one on my neq6 and works a treat, have the eqdirect cable on standby though just in case but up to now it has worked flawlessly, and as you say one less cable and one less usb for my hub to worry about

Hi Mick

Yes it is the eqtooth, really impressed with it, time will tell regarding the connection.

Hi Rob

Yes think i will hang on to the cable just in case.